One of the ingredients you may have noticed on our ingredient list is bone meal. Bones have been an integral part of a dogs’ diet for thousands of years. This is because they have many positive benefits such as helping with teeth cleaning and aiding in distracting from negative behaviour as well as contain important nutrients your dog needs.
A study conducted by Open Heart Journal indicated that, whenever possible, we as humans should be looking for food sources of calcium in our diet. This is the same for our furry friends.
Bones are a highly digestible and natural source of calcium which provide a variety of benefits for dogs, including:
- Maintaining healthy bones and teeth
- Helping heart functions by supporting contractions in the heart
- Supporting nerve transmission
- Muscle building and signaling
- Helping with hormones secretion
You can feed your dogs bones in two ways:
- Whole bones as an activity to chew on (this will keep your dog occupied and serve as a natural teeth cleaning activity). We love the brand Jaker’s Treats for wholesome bones as treats for our pups!
- Including ground bone in your pup’s food