We are advocates of nourishing your pup with high quality, REAL food. Whether you choose to feed your dog your own home-cooked food, raw food or purchase ready made meals it is important to choose ingredients for your dog that are as close to the source as possible.
Though processed food is a convenient choice and claims to provide balanced nutrition it is depleted of natural nutrients and may contain dangerous additives or artificial ingredients that can lead to illness or disease in your pup.
You can learn more about kibble and how it is made here.
If you are already cooking for your pup that is a great start but it is important to be aware of some potential nutritional issues when preparing your dogs meals to ensure you are giving your dog what he or she needs to be as healthy and happy as a pup!
Here are 5 common mistakes made when feeding your dog a homemade diet:
- Not including a source of calcium. Without getting too into the science behind it, dogs need to have a balance of phosphorus (found in muscle meat) and calcium in their diet so it is important to add a source of calcium to homemade diets to ensure your pup is not deficit in this vital nutrients! We use bone meal for a natural calcium source in our meals. You can read about the benefits of bonemeal in your dog's diet here.
- Using incomplete protein. Different protein sources have different combinations of amino acids. Therefore, it is important to vary the protein sources your dog is eating to ensure they have all the essential amino acids in their diet!
- Not including a source of trace minerals to fill in nutritional gaps in recipes.
- Not feeding your dog a variety of nutrients. If you are feeding your dog the same meal every day they will be lacking in vital nutrients from feeding their dogs a variety
- Not feeding your dogs the right ingredients to give them the nutrients they need for a healthy diet. For example, dogs need a balance of Omega 3s and 6s in their diet.
We know you only want the best for your pup.
That is why at Puppy Gang Fresh Foods we are committed to providing dogs with the most optimum nutrition. That means selecting high quality hormone and antibiotic free meats, fresh fruits and vegetables and organic supplements and consulting with veterinarians and researching to ensure we are helping to keep dogs as young and healthy as pups.
We recommend cycling through our different recipes (unless your pup is a picky eater or has food intolerances) to ensure your pup is getting a variety of macro and micronutrients in his or her diet. You can try one of our variety packs for you pup!
We take the guesswork out of cooking for your dog by carefully researching, selecting ingredients and gently cooking it for you. Our meals come in frozen vacuum seal packs that defrost in under ten minutes making feeding your dog fresh and healthy food as easy as opening a bag of kibble or can of dog food!
Do you have any questions about your meals or about feeding your dog a nutritious diet? Email us at email@example.com